This was for an interior assignment.
I wanted to paint something that was juxtaposed (for lack of a better word). So i tried using 'happy' colours to depict a 'tragic' scene. I had problems with getting the right colours and warm/cool balance. I had to start over and the final piece was the second attempt. I had to change to colour palette from my original colour study thumbnail completely. There wasn't enough of cool/warm balance in the first one and though everything else worked (values, staging, etc)... it wasn't holding together because there was a complete lack of cool/warm contrast as well as colour harmony. Hey.. I learned something! fufufufu~~~
Quick study for today. Because I forgot my usb at home so can't work on the one I was frustrated with yesterday lol...
Tried to keep an eye on my values and keeping a loose feel to it.
For once, I kinda liked how it turned out.